The Community Links™ White Paper
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PAPER IS TO IDENTIFY HOW TO APPROACH MUNICIPAL GOLF DIFFERENTLY.
Part I: The History of Municipal Golf
Part II: A Failing Model
Part III: Community Links™- An Alternative for Success
Part IV: A Community Links™ Case Study
You may access this free White Paper by clicking here and downloading the pdf. We encourage you to share this resource- we did our best to make it printer friendly!
COMMUNITY LINKS™ DOES THE FOLLOWING
1. Generates investment support for the golf course throughout local governments and their constituencies.
2. Revitalizes an aging golf facility already in need of improvement.
3. Emphasizes new golfer development programs for our communities' youth which instill healthy living, sportsmanship, integrity, and patience.
4. Expands facility benefits to increase usage by non-golfers, and explores alternative revenue streams.
5. Maximizes the efficient use of water, energy, and fuel.
The benefits of a Community Links™ can best be summarized in three equally important parts: social, economic, and environmental.
Social Benefits: Community Links™ emphasizes all members of the community, not just golfers.
‣ Links residents to each other and to the facility, breaking down the traditional view of how a golf course can be utilized.
‣ Creates a strong golfing community on the course and in the clubhouse.
‣ Promotes health and wellness through exercise and "prescriptive" activities.
‣ Promotes nature through walking trails and other non-golfing activities.
‣ Emphasizes youth development and character building.
Economic Benefits: Community Links™ emphasizes bringing in more revenue.
‣ Creates unique, player-friendly options and a comfortable environment for families, kids, and beginner golfers.
‣ Brings in more golfers by improving the facility to a unique, affordable, and community-focused option in the area.
‣ Emphasizes high-quality practice areas and new player programs that can help attract new golfers.
‣ Invites use by non-golfers by establishing versatile auxiliary areas/activites- walking trails, picnic areas, dog parks, and more!
‣ Opens up additional use and revenue options such as corporate events, farmers' markets, concerts, weddings, etc.
‣ Advocates cost reduction through sustainable initiatives (see below).
Environmental Benefits: Community Links™ emphasizes responsible use of resources.
‣ Upgrades irrigation systems to help save water, energy, and money.
‣ Reduces managed turf where appropriate, cutting back on maintenance, water, and energy costs.
‣ Sets a good example of responsible environmental and sustainable stewardship for the community.
‣ Creates facility and resource efficient designs with forward-thinking ideas and technologies.
‣ "Fast and Firm" playing conditions that use less water.
Great communal facilities that don't drain the coffers and are environmentally responsible are what all residents want and expect from their city and county amenities - Staples Golf believes Community Links™ does just that!
Reach out and schedule a consultation with us.