STAPLES GOLF is an international golf course architecture firm based in Scottsdale, Arizona USA. Formed in 2002, our planning process has been built through years of experience that spans over 125 projects over multiple countries ranging from new builds, Master Plans, renovations and water and energy efficiency audits.
STAPLES GOLF (formerly known as the GOLF RESOURCE GROUP) was formed in 2002 by Mike Hansen, a superintendent, and Alex Walton, a clubhouse manager. GRG (as it was known) was launched upon the acquisition of a maintenance contract through Vanguard Golf Management Group and Thanksgiving Point Golf Course in Lehi, Utah. Andy Staples joined the company in 2003, bringing golf course architecture into the fold. Within 12 months of forming the trio, GRG was able to tie down its first turn-key golf project – The Sand Hollow Resort in southern Utah.
Staples Golf Resource Group, LLC. dba STAPLES GOLF is a subsidiary of Staples & Associates, a national energy, golf and entertainment firm. The Staples Team employs over 100 people in seven offices – San Diego, California, Sacramento, California, Bakersfield, California, Monterey, California, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Peoria, Illinois, and Scottsdale, Arizona.
STAPLES GOLF’s Core Values: SAFETY – QUALITY – INTEGRITY – TEAMWORK – KNOWLEDGE
STAPLES GOLF strives to operate our golf business in a smart and environmentally responsible manner. We are always considering our next step toward environmental excellence and work with our employees, customers, partners and industry contacts to meet the environmental commitments summarized below:
- Call it “green”, “sustainable”, “efficient”, we want to bring these philosophies to the entire golf industry in a responsible and economically viable manner.
- Promote relevant “Green” initiatives through our projects, employees, strategic partners and industry manufacturers.
- Strive to buy, sell and use environmentally friendly products whenever the market place allows.
- Comply with, and try to exceed all applicable environmental laws and regulations and operate our projects with all necessary environmental permits, approvals, and operational controls.
- Train employees on our policy and instill environmental responsibility as a corporate value.
- Continuously review our Environmental “Green” Statement and ensure it remains appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our operations and services.